10 Things Men Don’t Tell Women
There are lots of things that men don’t tell women – and most of them make sense. We don’t want to hurt your feelings, we don’t want you to misunderstand our intentions, we don’t want you to get upset or jealous. But we should be honest, because then there won’t be any surprises, and we can avoid pain and misunderstanding and jealousy from hurting relationships. Here are ten things that men don’t tell women – but should!
1) How I truly feel about you
I love you. I’m not just saying that because I feel like I have to or because it’s what you want to hear. I really, truly mean it from the bottom of my heart. You’re my best friend and I love you for that, but I also love you for so much more. You’re beautiful, inside and out. You’re strong, independent, and capable. You’re loving and kind. You make me a better person just by being in my life.
2) How we want to be loved
We want you to love us for who we are, not who you want us to be. We want you to see the best in us, even when we don’t see it in ourselves. We want you to be our biggest cheerleader, even when we’re feeling down. We want you to be patient with us when we’re struggling and celebrate with us when we succeed. We want you to be honest with us – even if it hurts. And most of all, we just want your love.
3) How we feel when we’re depressed
When we’re depressed, it feels like the weight of the world is on our shoulders. We may not want to get out of bed, see people or even leave the house. Everything seems hopeless and we can’t imagine things ever getting better. We may lose interest in activities we used to enjoy, withdraw from friends and family or turn to alcohol or drugs to numb our pain. Depression can be all-consuming and make it feel like there’s no way out.
4) How guys process emotions differently than girls
Most guys are taught from a young age to suck it up and not show emotions. This can lead to men bottling up their feelings and not processing them in a healthy way. Girls, on the other hand, are often encouraged to express their emotions. This difference in how emotions are dealt with can lead to misunderstandings and frustration in relationships. Here are 10 things men should start telling women in order to improve communication and understanding.
- We sometimes have a hard time identifying our emotions.
- We need time alone to process our emotions and figure out what we’re feeling.
- We may not always express our emotions in the way you expect us to.
5) When it’s okay to talk about your feelings with us
You might think that men are supposed to be the strong, silent type. But the truth is, we have feelings too! It’s okay for us to talk about our emotions with you. In fact, it can be really helpful. We just need to feel like we’re in a safe space where we won’t be judged or belittled.
6) The biggest dating mistakes we make
- Not being present. It’s easy to get caught up in our own heads, especially when we’re nervous on a date. But if we’re not present, we’re not giving our date a fair chance.
- Being too self-critical. We all have flaws, but dwelling on them is unattractive and will only make us more self-conscious on the date.
- Being afraid to be vulnerable. It’s natural to want to put our best foot forward on a date, but if we’re too guarded, we’ll come across as uninterested or even arrogant.
- TALKING TOO MUCH! This is a major turn-off for most women.
7) How attractive you are in our eyes
Let’s face it, ladies: we men are visual creatures. And while we may not always admit it, how attracted we are to you plays a big role in how interested we are in pursuing a relationship. So if you’re wondering why that guy you’ve been crushing on hasn’t made a move, it could be because he’s not that into you… at least not physically. Of course, there are other factors that come into play, but being attractive to us is definitely a good start!
8) Why girls have it easier than guys on dating apps
It’s no secret that dating apps have made it easier for people to connect. But did you know that they’ve also made it easier for men to date around? That’s right, guys have it a lot easier when it comes to online dating. Here are seven reasons why
9) How I really feel about my ex-girlfriend/ex-wife
I still think about my ex-girlfriend/ex-wife all the time. I wonder what she’s doing, who she’s with, and if she’s happy. I miss her laughter, her smile, and the way she made me feel. I was never good enough for her and I know that. I was an idiot to let her go.
10) Our true feelings about marriage
A lot of men go into marriage with the best of intentions. We want to be faithful, we want to be supportive, and we want to make our wives happy. But the truth is, sometimes marriage is hard. Really hard. And we don’t always know how to express what we’re feeling. Here are 10 things men wish they could tell their wives but often don’t:
- I need you.
- I’m sorry.
- I’m not perfect.
- I’m scared.
- I need you to be patient with me.
- I need you to understand me.
- Thank you for being my wife and standing by me through everything.